Job Description for the role of Analyst at TWCOG LLP
An exciting analytical role in a small but highly active consultancy in the global gas and LNG industry.
TWCOG LLP is a global energy consulting firm dedicated to providing clients with the industry expertise necessary to meet the challenges of working in the gas and LNG industry. TWCOG consultants give advice to clients around the world on commercial, financial, and economic issues relating to upstream gas projects, the sale of energy products, infrastructure projects and strategic issues. TWCOG also provides expert witness services in relation to international commercial disputes and arbitration proceedings and is one of the leading providers of such services in Europe and Asia.
In delivering these services, TWCOG is supported by a strong analytical team. Based in west London, the team has a vital role in conducting the economic and financial analysis that underpins transactions/negotiations. The team also supports activities out of TWCOG’s Singapore office, working closely with senior partners and clients, and conducting rigorous research for a variety of projects. Some international travel is required for this. TWCOG is currently looking to expand the analytical team with the recruitment of an experienced Analyst.
Key areas of responsibility:
• To assist the analytical team in support of complex client projects;
• The creation, review and use of financial and operational models;
• Undertaking extensive research related to projects;
• Communication of analytical results and research through reports and presentations;
• Supporting business and company development initiatives; and
• Developing a broader understanding of the energy industry.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Up to three years’ experience in consulting, energy, or another relevant sector
• Minimum 2:1 or equivalent degree in a numerate subject;
• An interest in numerical and logical problem solving;
• Ability to understand and communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively;
• Keen attention to detail and presentational aesthetics;
• Some proficiency in a numeric software package helpful but not essential (e.g. Excel, R or Python)
The TWCOG analytical team is small, but highly active. As such, work is performed on several projects at once, with each analyst required to efficiently manage their workload to provide timely results and input to the various projects. The successful candidate will have a high level of exposure and responsibility from the start, dealing with clients at a senior level on a variety of energy projects worldwide. They must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team. Client interaction is an important factor in our business, and the successful candidate will be comfortable with meeting clients to discuss and present their results and interpretations. The analytical team works with clients both on- and off-site, with a regular requirement for international travel.
The role will provide a candidate with the chance to swiftly develop their analytical and research skills in a highly professional environment through training and hands-on experience, with significant potential for personal and career development in the energy industry. We offer a highly competitive package dependent on experience in addition to an annual performance-related bonus.
TWCOG is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.